1. What form of energy is added to the system? (thermal/ heat)
2. What happens when the gas particles are heated? (expand/compress)
3. How does temperature affect the movement of particles? (faster/slower)
4. When the gas expand, what will happen to the movable piston? (goes up/goes down)
5. What is the manifestation that work is done in the system by the addition of heat? (moving piston / stationary piston).
Thermal energy (also called heat energy) is produced when a rise in temperature causes atoms and molecules to move faster and collide with each other.
Explanation is in the pic:)